Are you student or staff of the Polytechnique Montréal and are you looking for the information about Polymtl moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle Polytechnique Montréal, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
What is Polytechnique Montréal ?
Polytechnique Montréal is an engineering school affiliated with the University of Montréal in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It ranks first in Canada for the scope of its engineering research. It is occasionally referred to as Montreal Polytechnic, although in Quebec English its French name is more commonly used.
The school offers graduate and postgraduate training, and is very active in research. Following tradition, new Bachelors of Engineering graduating from Polytechnique Montréal receive an Iron Ring, during the Canadian Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer ceremony.
What is Polytechnique Montréal Moodle ?
Polytechnique Montréal Moodle is a platform where you can find resources provided by your teachers. It also allows you to access distance learning and teaching courses and submit assignments and exams.
There are also other resources that are not associated with credited courses, as mandatory training, and forms to access certain services. So, it is an indispensable tool that you should consult very frequently throughout your studies and you can use basic functionalities of Polymtl Moodle.
How to Access or Login Polytechnique Montréal Moodle ?
To login to Polytechnique Montréal Moodle you will need Polytechnique Montréal username and password so you will need to get that access from there and you can login to Polytechnique Montréal Moodle by following the steps given below or access Polymtl Moodle.
- First Open this webpage link moodle.polymtl.ca.
- Enter your Username and Password in the field.
- Tick on ‘Remember username’ option.
- Click on the ‘Login‘ button.
For technical support, please contact Information Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or in room L-6630.
Technical support is offered by the IT Department:
Forgot or Reset Polytechnique Montréal Moodle Password
If you want to change or reset the password when you forget your password after logging in to Polytechnique Montréal Moodle, you can. For which you have to follow the steps given below.
- First Open this Forgot Password Link.
- If you want to reset the password of Polymtl Moodle by Username then you have to enter the Username used while logging in to Polytechnique Montréal Moodle in its ‘Search by username’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
- If you want to reset the password of Polymtl Moodle by Email address then you have to enter the Email used while logging in to Polytechnique Montréal Moodle in its ‘Search by email address’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address, If Polytechnique Montréal find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address.
How to Submit an Assignment on Polytechnique Montréal Moodle ?
Polytechnique Montréal Moodle is an exchange platform where you can find the resources proposed by teachers, but also have access to distance learning courses and hand in assignments and exams. Follow the steps below to submit an assignment.throughout your studies.
- Step 1
Show all courses (if some are missing, select the courses removed from the display).
- Step 2
You can consult the class plan by clicking on the associated file.
- Step 3
To submit an assignment, click on the submission box and add your work.
Then, drag the file into the box and save.
You can also browse your computer to choose the file you want to drop and then save.
- Step 4
To take a quiz you click on the corresponding quiz, you complete it and send your answers by clicking on send all and finish.
- Step 5
To access your messages, you click on the dashboard icon at the top on the right. It’s the same thing if you want to access the notes or log out.
How to Import an activity from another site on Polymtl Moodle ?
Note that to have the right to import an activity from one site to another, you must have the publishing rights within 2 Site. Here’s the procedure to follow:
- From the site where you want to import an activity, click on the Import link in the menu and Actions.
- Select the course site where the activity you want to import is located and click on the ‘To continue’ button.
- To import an activity, check the Include activities and resources and files options.
- If you want to import a Test activity (quiz), you must also check Include the question bank.
- Click on the Next button.
- On the next page, un-check all activities by clicking on the None link located at the top of the page.
- If you do not un-check all the activities, all the content of the site will be imported.
- Then find the activity you want to import and check the box corresponding to the week or section where she is at.
- Then check the box for the activity and click on the Next button located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Import button.
Polytechnique Montréal Moodle Training
This document should allow you to quickly set up a course with Polymtl Moodle. It has been done from the documentation available, on the documentation site of Moodle and has been adapted to the needs of Polytechnique.
- At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
– Request the creation of a Moodle site.
– Administer a Moodle site.
– Edit a Moodle site.
– Make a Moodle site accessible and available to students, colleagues and visitors.
Part 1 – Moodle basics
- General presentation.
- Creation of a course site.
- Technical and educational support.
- Browser configuration.
Part 2 – Getting started with Moodle
- Access to the Moodle environment.
– Server address
– Access code
– Moodle: my lessons
– Exploring the first page
- Administrative functions.
– Course parameters
- Options available to the designer.
- Take the role.
- Activate edit mode.
Part 3 – Editing your Moodle site
- Add resources.
– Link to a file
– View the contents of a folder
– Add a text page
– Insert a label
- Add activities.
- Block management.
- Action on added elements.
Part 4 – Make your Moodle site accessible
- Make the site available to students.
- View the list of participants.
- Add professors / assistants.
- Open the site to visitors.
Polytechnique Montréal Moodle Basics General Presentation
Polymtl Moodle (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is an environment open source licensed digital learning platform for building communities learners around content and educational activities.
- Open this Server address moodle.polymtl.ca and Access to the site is done using your license and the password pass associated with it.
- The Connection box is located in top left of the screen.
- The My courses page gives the Overview of courses to which you have access.
- To click on the course title to have access.
- Polymtl Moodle displays all resources your documents and activities on the home page of your site, like a portal.
- To add your content or activities, you will need to click on Add an activity or resource on the page home page of your Moodle site when you are in edit mode.
Make Polytechnique Montréal Moodle site accessible
- By the end of this section, you will be able to open access to your site to students.
- From the home page of your Polymtl Moodle site.
- Click on Settings in the Administration block to access to the main parameters of your course.
- In the General settings, set the course visibility to Pin up.
- Click Save to confirm everything.
How to Use of Polymtl Moodle Quiz for intra exams ?
Polytechnique Montréal Moodle have taken another step forward in improving the capacity of the Moodle platform. The portion dedicated to online exams, named Polymtl Moodle Quiz, has been moved and now resides on a separate server.
This therefore allows us to improve the total capacity of users who can simultaneously connect to the Moodle instances. They invite you to favor, as much as possible, the Moodle Quiz platform (moodlequiz.polymtl.ca) for the rest of the intras (both for Test activities and for submitting files).
The main Polymtl Moodle also remains accessible and usable for those who prefer to do their intra-exam. Note that if you had planned monitoring by Via or Webex Meetings during your exam, and they advise you to leave your exam on moodle.polymtl.ca, as Via and Webex activities facilitating their integration have not been activated on Moode Quiz.
If you wish to use Moodle Quiz but do not already have a course site on this instance, they invite you to complete the site creation request form moodlequiz.polymtl.ca.
Moodle Polymtl Dossier Etudiant Guide
Through the ‘Quick Links’ on the Polytechnique website, you can quickly access following links:
- Your Student file on the Web.
- The Moodle studies site.
- Your Web Mail (IMP) or Polytechnique email address.
Student File on the Web dossieretudiant.polymtl.ca
- You must go to your Student File on the Web to obtain your access code and password, you register, choose your courses, obtain a certificate of studies, a copy of the report card, pay your tuition fees, etc.
Moodle – for courses moodle.polymtl.ca
- It is an online application for course notes, tests, exams, etc., accessible only at the beginning lessons.
- Technical support is offered by the IT Department at room L-6630.
- You can also write to the following address email@example.com.
Poly Email imp.polymtl.ca
- Once admitted, they communicate with students only by email, it is therefore important to consult regularly.
- Your firstname.lastname@example.org email box will only be accessible after your first registration.
- To redirect your Polytechnique email address to your personal email address go to your File student, then click on Personal information.
- Enter your personal email, then confirm the redirect and Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Then click on Save.
Contact Support or Email on Polytechnique Montréal
Polytechnique Montréal is very easy to contact and you can get its postal address and head office contact and phone number, you see the instructions below.
P.O. Box 6079,
Montréal (Québec) Canada,
2500 chemin de Polytechnique
University of Montréal Campus
2900 boul. Édouard-Montpetit
Polytechnique Montréal Services
The dynamic and experienced team of professionals from the SEP offers a range of resources and services that aim to help you succeed both academically and personally.
Student Services at Polytechnique offers a wide range of services to help you succeed tutoring, mentoring, workshops, psychological support, support for students with disabilities as well as supporting students to persevere for academic success.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cafeteriat (ASAP)
- Centre for Continuing Education
- Health and Safety
- Institutional Security & Relations
- International Student
- Office of Professorial Affairs
- PolyFab Normand Brais
- Financial Services
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- General Secretariat
- Civil, Geological
- Mining Engineering
- Computer and Software engineering
- Teaching Support and Innovation Centre
Polymtl Moodle FAQ
How to create a Moodle site?
To request the creation of a Polymtl Moodle site, please complete the online form by authenticating yourself with your employee number.
Will the notes entered in Moodle be automatically transmitted to GEADE?
Unfortunately, the two systems are not linked. You must therefore continue to enter your notes in GEADE.
How to modify the number of sections in a course site?
Whether the course format is by topic or by week, it is possible to modify the number of sections to display.
- In the Actions menu of your course site (“gear” icon), click on Activate edit mode.
- At the bottom of the sections of your site, click the Add sections link.
- Enter the number of sections you want to add then click on the Add Sections button.
- To delete a section, all you have to do is click on the Edit link for the section and click on Delete section.
Where can I find documentation on Polymtl Moodle?
- At any time, you can click on the question marks Aidfor contextual help. At the bottom of each page, you have access to the documentation for the current page by clicking on the Moodle Documentation link for that page.
- A support site for Moodle site editors is also available.
- There you will find discussion forums, documentation, and sample resources and activities.
Read Also: Moodle ETS | ETS Montréal
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……