Are you student or staff of the ETS and are you looking for the information about ETS moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle ETS, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
What is ETS ?
ETS (Superior Technology School) is a public engineering faculty in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Founded in 1974, the school is a constituent of University of Quebec system.
Specialized in applied teaching in engineering and technology transfer to companies, where professors, engineers and researchers who are recognized for their practical, industrial and innovative approaches.
The school features cooperative education in all of its undergraduate programs. The bachelor’s programs have all been accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board.
What is ETS Moodle ?
ETS Moodle for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning and Teaching Environment Course. Itis a digital learning environment, it offers a modular and collaborative approach to teaching and learning.
It is an open source developed for the educational community, it integrates many functionalities to cover the pedagogical and techno pedagogical needs.
The software can be downloaded and installed on your own web server, but you can also get help from an authorized ETS Moodle.
How to Login ETS Moodle Course ?
To login to ETS Moodle you will need Montréal – Superior Technology School username and password so you can get it from there and login to ETS Moodle by following the steps given below.
- First Open this webpage link ena.etsmtl.ca.
- Enter your Username and Password in the field.
- Tick on ‘Remember username’ option.
- Click on the ‘Login‘ button.
Is this your first time here?
If you experience any difficulties, please contact GUS.
Forgot or Reset ETS Moodle Password
If you want to change or reset the password when you forget your password after logging in to ETS Moodle, you can. For which you have to follow the steps given below.
- First Open this Forgot Password Link.
- If you want to reset the password of ETS Moodle by Username then you have to enter the Username used while logging in to Montréal – Superior Technology School Moodle in its ‘Search by username’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
- If you want to reset the password of ETS Moodle by Email address then you have to enter the Email used while logging in to Montréal – Superior Technology School Moodle in its ‘Search by email address’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address, If Superior Technology School find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address.
How to Create or Access ETS Moodle course ?
Access Moodle ÉTS course
- To log in, enter your username (email address) and password (unique identifier) and click login button.
Create a course
- For each session you must create a new course or copy an existing course site.
- You must complete the Course Creation form available under the Courses tab in the link bar.
- You can choose one of the templates or copy a course from your past sessions, the course is not available to students.
- To create your course, on the banner at the top of the page.
- Click on the triangle to expand the options.
- Choose Course creation.
Multigroup course (meta-course)
- To create a multi-group course, select multiple groups while holding down the Ctrl key.
- A multigroup course will be created with the template you selected.
- Empty courses for each course group will also be created, the courses are not available to students.
- If you only want to use the multigroup course, you can leave the other courses hidden.
- For meta-courses, you have the possibility of automatically creating groups and groupings containing the students of each of the group-courses in the meta-course site.
- To activate this function, a checkbox for this purpose must be checked on the course site creation form, then you must connect to the Moodle login, located at the top right of the page to access the home page.
- Your courses will appear by clicking on the My courses tab.
- Click on the chosen course to access it, the courses whose title is in black are not available to students.
Configure your course
- As soon as a new course is created, it is advisable to adjust the course parameters in order to add the desired number of sections, to choose the course organization, adjust dates, etc.
Make the course available to students
- Once your course is ready, you can then make the course available to students.
- Later, at the desired time, you can withdraw this access to your course.
- This option determines whether or not the course appears in the course list.
- It is in the description that you can give a summary of your course, and attach multimedia files to it.
- The Course Format section offers you various options.
- To delete a section you can do it directly on the page, unlike the previous version.
- It is easier to use, adaptive on all media and its updating and maintenance are handled directly by the Moodle team of developers at ÉTS.
- The Files and repositories section allows you to set the size limit for files that will be uploaded into the course.
Activate edit mode on ETS Moodle
- To add or modify activities or resources, you will need to activate edit mode.
- To do this, click the Turn editing on at the top right of the course home page.
- Add activities and resources to your course site
- In edit mode, you can add resources or activities for each section of your course.
- Click on the cogwheel, at the bottom of the menu, click on More In the Users menu, select the Registered users option.
- Choose Register users and find the person who you want to register, and give it a status.
- In the drop-down menu of the Assign roles section, choose the Copy option
- If the person is already registered, you can just use the pencil and add the Copy role.
- Locate the course in which one you have to work.
- Select the toothed wheel in order to display the menu.
- Activate edit mode.
How to User registration manually In ETS Moodle ?
- From the toothed wheel which activates the drop-down menu, select the cogwheel more.
- Select the users tab.
- Select users registered.
- And click on the role to assign (ex .: student, teacher or non-publisher teacher, etc).
- Write the name of the user to be added by email address or by name.
- Click on the search button.
- Click on register option.
- Then click on the Finish registration of users, his name will be added to the list of users.
Unsubscribe from students
Students who have dropped out of the course will be unsubscribed automatically of the course in Moodle after 24 hours. The students are still in the student list in the course, but their student role is withdrawn, they cannot no longer access the course.
Addition of a Workshop activity provided by ETS Moodle
- In your course, activate edit mode.
- Add a Workshop activity.
- Configure the activity.
- At a minimum, you must define a name and the grouping to use for the Workshop extension to work.
- You can come back and change the other parameters of the Workshop according to your choices.
- The main ones are detailed in the appendix.
– General: define a name for the activity.
– Common settings: choose the option Separate groups in Group mode, then select the appropriate grouping in Grouping.
- Click on the ‘Save and View‘ button.
How to Create Groups on ETS Montréal Moodle Course ?
- If the Settings block is not visible. From the Settings block, expand the Users menu, then click Registered users.
- If the people you wish to register do not appear in the proposed list, click on the Register users option.
- In the search field, type the name of the persons you wish to register and confirm the registration.
- When you have completed the registration, click on End user registration.
- To create groups or see the composition of your groups or grouping, deploy the Settings menu and completely located at the bottom of the menu, click on More option.
- In the Course administration interface, choose the Users tab, then click on Groups.
- In the Groups tab you will be able to see the composition of the existing groups, modify them and create new ones.
- The overview tab shows the composition of groups, groupings as well as the members that compose them.
- To create a group, go back to the Groups tab and select the Create a group menu.
- Complete the necessary information, and save your modifications.
- To create a Group, return to the Group / Groups / overview page, and select the Groups tab, then at the bottom of the screen click on Create group.
- You complete the information on the form, and save your changes.
- To add or modify a grouping, click on the toothed wheel.
- The list of potential groups is displayed on the right side of the interface, select the groups you want to add to the group, and click on Add.
- You will then see the groups you have selected added to the grouping.
How to Import Data on a ETS Moodle Course ?
- For a Import data from a course, you can access the Import menu from the main page of your course.
- Choose the course from which you want to import items.
- You have to choose the Initial settings and the items to include.
- Check the resources or activities that you want to import.
- This is the Confirmation and review of the selected items.
- The last step is the import.
- Just click on Perform Import located at the bottom of the page.
Upload Zoom video to ETS Moodle
- To transfer your Zoom videos to ETS Moodle, you must access your Zoom profile, and select the Recordings menu located on the left of the interface.
- It is important to verify that you are in the Recordings section.
- Your records are listed with their details, then download the associated files, a confirmation window will appear at the bottom of the page, as well as a choice of options.
- Select the Save option and the files saved in the Cloud will be downloaded to your workstation.
- When the download is complete, a window will open, offering you to open the file from its location on your workstation.
- You will find your file in the Downloads folder located on your workstation, verify that it is indeed the .mp4 file.
- Open your YouTube channel with your @etsmtl.net account.
- Choose the Youtube Studio option to access your channel’s menu.
- In your channel’s dashboard, at the top right of the interface you have the Upload videos option and the Create option to upload your video to your channel.
- The next step is to upload your .mp4 video from your computer, downloads folder to your YouTube channel.
- To do this, it’s very simple, you can simply drag and drop your file into the space reserved for this purpose, When the upload is completed, you must complete the form for the video Name, Description etc.
- Click Next.
- The next step will allow you to determine the type of visibility you want.
- When you have finished the video form, you can select the link to copy it to Moodle with the URL resource.
- In ETS Moodle, you just need to copy the link from your capsule into the URL field.
Contact Support or Email on ETS Montréal
- 1100 Notre-Dame St W,
Quebec H3C 1K3
ETS Montréal – Superior Technology School Services
Offering applied training in engineering and technology, the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) offers study programs at three university cycles.
It’s bachelor’s programs are specifically designed for CEGEP graduates in physical, computer and administrative techniques, but also welcome graduates of pre-university programs in natural sciences and in computer and mathematical sciences.
- Construction engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Psychological Assistance
- Support for Learning
- Tutoring – CASIM Assistance Centre
- Language and Writing Support
- Tuition Fees
- Financial Support
- Insurance and Health Care
- Working in Canada as an international student
- Services, Workshops and Activities
- Assistance for Entrepreneurs
- Technological support
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automated production engineering
- Operations and Logistics Engineering
- Software engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
ETS Moodle FAQ
Where I do not see any students registered in my course?
Students are added to your course 24 hours after its creation.
Why The students don’t see my course?
The course may not be in display mode. To display your course, go to: Adjustment block / course parameter / general parameters / display.
How to Withdrawal of a ETS moodle course by a student?
Students who have dropped out of the course will be automatically unsubscribed from the course in Moodle after 24 hours. Students are still in the list of students in the course, but their student role is removed and they can no longer access the course. Abandoning a course means that its course registration is canceled in the registrar’s database.
Read Also: Collège Ahuntsic Moodle Login
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……