Are you student or staff of the TAFE Illawarra and are you looking for the information about TAFE Illawarra Moodle login, so here we share all the usefull information about Moodle TAFE Illawarra, how to login moodle, reset password, How Access a Moodle course and more information.
Table of Contents
TAFE Illawarra Moodle Login
Before you can access your Moodle course you will need to login to the TAFE Illawarra using your TAFE username and password.
You will use the same username and password to access Student Portal, LinkedIn Learning and other TAFE NSW services so it is important that you remember them. You would have received your username and password when you enrolled in your course. If you don’t remember your username or password, contact the Customer Service Centre or Library staff at your local TAFE campus or phone 131 601.
To login TAFE Illawarra moodle you can follow the complete steps below and login.
- First Open this link moodle.illawarra.tafensw.edu.au.
- You will find the login block on the right side of your screen. you may need to scroll down a little to see it.
- Enter your TAFE NSW username and password in the field.
- Click on the ‘Log in‘ button.
- You will then be taken to your moodle home page.
Once you have logged in
From the moodle home page you can access your course and also a range of resources and support services that will help you with your studies.
Forgotten or Reset Moodle TAFE Illawarra Login Password
To access the Moodle, you will need to use your TAFE username and password and which you would have received when you enrolled in your course. If you have lost or forgotten your password, it just won’t work for you, try these guide:
- Double check you are typing in the correct username and password.
- The Moodle system is case sensitive, and your username must be entered in lower case. Your password may include both upper and lower case.
- Make sure you are enrolled in your course properly and have paid your enrollment fee (if you are not sure, contact the Customer Service staff at your local campus or phone 131 601).
- Reset your password by logging into the TAFE NSW Student Portal: www.tafensw.edu.au and following the directions for a lost password.
- If you haven’t previously set your secret questions you may not be able to do this. Contact Customer Service Staff or a Librarian.
- Log in to online Inquiry by clicking on the Contact Us link by visiting the TAFE NSW website: www.tafensw.edu.au.
- Phone the Customer Service line on 131 601.
- Ask the Customer Service staff at your local campus to reset your password.
- Ask a Librarian at your local campus to reset your password.
- And Ask your Teacher to reset your password.
- That will set, reset or change your password.
Moodle TAFE Illawarra Troubleshooting Issue
Student can’t log into Moodle
To log into the Moodle site, students need to have a current enrolment that is active. Registration is usually activated within 24 hours of receiving payment from the student.
Once the enrolment is active, the student needs to know their TAFE username and password. Students can get these details from either the Customer Service Centre (CSC) or the Library at their campus.
Please note that all lowercase letters must include the username in Moodle. Passwords need to be entered exactly as they have been created for the student. Students can have their passwords reset by either CSC or Library staff, or by teachers who have access to the Educational Management Utility (EMU). If these steps have been followed and the student is still not able to log into Moodle, contact the Digital Learning Services team.
Student can log into Moodle, but can’t log into their course/unit page
Students usually need a registration key to access their course and unit pages for the first time. Please confirm that the student has the current enrolment key and that they are entering the enrolment key correctly, as the enrolment keys are case sensitive.
The student has logged in to their course / unit page in the past, but will no longer be able to access
This may be caused by the student trying to access Moodle with a different TAFE account to the one they have been using. If this is the case do not encourage the student to re-enrol in the course/unit. Check the list of users in your course / unit page and suggest the appropriate username to use. If the course/unit has been reset by the teacher, the previously enrolled students will no longer have access to the course/unit page.
Ask the student to enter the self-enrolment key to reenrol in the course/unit. The last and least common reason is that a student’s account in Moodle may have been suspended for some reason. If this is the case, please contact the Digital Learning Services team. You can find more information on username and password issues on the Moodle Help page.
Edit your Profile Settings on Moodle TAFE NSW Illawarra
Every user in moodle account has a Profile page which may be reached from the user menu top right and then clicking the profile icon. This page includes links to more pages that allow the user to edit their profile information and preferences, view their forum / blog posts, and check reports that they have access to. A user may view their own full profile from the user menu top right.
Edit your Profile Settings
- You should update your moodle profile before you start your study.
- Updating your profile allows you to add a photo of yourself, change your Moodle preferences or including whether other students in your course can see your email address and to add a brief introduction about yourself.
- Click on the drop down arrow in the User menu under your name on the right hand side of your screen.
- Select Preferences and then select Edit profile.
- You can then make your adjustments.
- If you don’t want other students in your course to see your email address, you should select the ‘Hide my email address from everyone’ option.
- When you finish making your changes, don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Click Update profile to save your changes.
TAFE NSW Illawarra Moodle Dashboard Information
Dashboard is a customisable where you will find links to your courses and activities within them, such as unread forum posts and upcoming assignments. This is the first page you see when you log in to moodle.
To customise the Dashboard page, click on the Customise this page button in the top right of your screen. You can then add or remove blocks and move them around your screen.
You can return to your Dashboard page any time by clicking on either the Dashboard link in the breadcrumbs the links below the blue menu bar or the TAFE Illawarra logo.
On the right side of your Dashboard page you will find a range of resources and support services that will help you with your studies.
- Ask us for Help
ASK US website is a place for you to ask any questions you have about all aspects of studying at TAFE Illawarra. You can also search for answers to commonly asked questions here.
- Student & Learner Portals
Your online Student Portal is where you will find your personalised learning plan, your TAFE email account, assessment due dates and your results.
- Study Smart
The Study Smart website will help you develop your study, research, assessment writing and time management skills.
- Library Services
The Library Services portal provides information about books, online resources, computers and study support services available for students.
- Careers and Counselling
The Careers & Counselling service portal provides information about help you can get with overcoming challenges, managing your study-life balance and planning your career.
- Disability services
The Disability Support service will guide you to the help available to complete your studies if you have a disability.
- Aboriginal Services
Aboriginal Services portal will guide you to the help available to complete your studies if you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Apps for Learning
Tech Bites portal is where you can search for apps, software and devices to help you with your learning and assessments.
- Students rights
Find out about your rights and responsibilities, Work Health and Safety obligations and how to make a complaint on the Student Rights and Responsibilities web page.
- My Campus
Go to the Campus webpage to find your local TAFE campus, as well as their contact details, maps, parking and canteen information and the range of support services available onsite.
TAFE Illawarra Skills for Learning and End of year procedures
Click on the Skills for Learning link to view the Skills for Learning course and contact details to book this course for your students.
End of year procedures
Once your classes have finished for the year there are a few things you will need to do to tidy up your Moodle course.
The first is to complete a backup of each of your course and unit pages (they will each need to be done separately). The backups will be a complete copy of the Moodle pages, including all student activities, logs and results from quizzes and assignments. They suggest that you store a copy of your backup with your roll book for each unit in the course.
The second thing you need to do is to specify all the student data from Moodle so that your course and unit pages are ready for the new group of students next year. This reset process will un-enrol all of your students from your course and unit pages and remove all of their activities and results (this will also need to be done separately for each unit page).
If your current students will continue to use your Moodle course pages next year, you should NOT perform the reset process, but you should still complete a backup.
They created some ‘cheat-sheets’ and short videos for both of these processes.
How to set preferred email address in Moodle?
You should not change your email address in your Moodle profile.
If you would like your emails to be forwarded to your personal email address, please make this change on the Messaging settings in Moodle (icon on top right of the page).
Set preferred email address in the Student Portal
If you would like all of your TAFE emails sent to your personal email address, you should change it in the Student Portal – my.tafensw.edu.au.
TAFE Illawarra with Live Moodle
This guide has been developed to support teachers who are using Moodle for course delivery at TAFE Illawarra. It is not designed to support the development of courses in Moodle. Please refer to this guide to answer your day-to-day questions about using Moodle. If you need help with tasks that are not covered in this guide, please contact the Digital Learning Services team.
TAFE Illawarra recommend all teachers who are new to Moodle complete the Learn Moodle 3.1 The Basics course on lynda.com before starting to set up their course. Course 1 runs 49m, but you can select the sections you want to view.
- Open the Live Moodle at moodle.illawarra.tafensw.edu.au.
- If you are at TAFE, click on the ‘Moodle Live’ link on the TAFE Illawarra Intranet home page.
- Log in to the Moodle using your TAFENSW username (the long version) and password.
- The blockbuster block is on the right side of the Moodle website.
Enrolling in a course or unit
- To facilitate a Moodle course you need to be assigned the role of ‘Teacher’ or ‘Non-editing teacher’ in your Moodle course.
- The Teacher role can access all of the features mentioned in this guide, while the Non-editing teacher role cannot use those features that involve editing the content of the Moodle course.
- If self-enrollment for your course is enabled, search for the course or unit name in the Search Courses box.
- Click on the course or unit name from the list and you will be taken to the enrolment page.
- Scroll down to the Self Registration (Teacher) or (Class Teacher) boxes and enter your registration key.
- You can click the Unmask box to check that you have typed your Enrolment key correctly.
- Click on me to register and you will be redirected to the course home page.
- In future you can find your courses by clicking on the Moodle link (in the top left of your screen) or the TAFE Illawarra logo in the page header.
- If self-registration is not available for your course, and you have not already been granted access to it by the teacher, contact the Digital Learning Services team.
TAFE Illawarra Contact Support
Customer help and technical support
You can communicate with them by chat (from the website), by email or by calling 131 601.
|Street Address||36 Gladstone Avenue WOLLONGONG NSW 2500 Australia|
|Postal Address||PO Box 1228 WOLLONGONG NSW 2500 Australia|
You can access your student email by logging in to the Learner Portal www.tafensw.edu.au on any classroom or library computer, or on any external computer with internet access. Once logged in click on the email button to open your TAFE Illawarra student email account.
Moodle TAFE Illawarra FAQ
Q. How Do I Get TAFE NSW Card?
- Finalise your enrolment and pay your tuition fees.
- Visit the Customer Service Centre at your campus (check if your campus has set times for your TAFE NSW card production).
- Ask for your TAFE NSW card.
- Have your photo taken.
- You will be given your card – at many campuses this will be on the spot.
Q. Studying online but nervous about the lack of face-to-face interaction I can contact if I have any questions?
A. When you study online, you have access to a range of support. You can contact your teachers via email, webinar or phone. Your teacher will contact you regularly to keep you on track with your studies and give you feedback on your assessments.
TAFE Digital has specialised teams who provide support if you have a disability, illness or injury. You can access language, literacy and numeracy support and even personal and career counselling. These services are available to you even before you enrol, to help you choose the best course and study plan.
Q. Do online students get holiday periods?
A. No, not in the traditional sense. You can study when it suits you as long as you submit assessments by the due date. If there is a period of time when you can’t study, then please discuss amending your study plan with your teacher.
Read Also: AIBT Moodle Login Australia
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……