Are you student or staff of the Southeast Community College and are you looking for the information about Southeast Community College moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle Southeast Community College, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
What is Southeast Community College ?
Southeast Community College (SCC) is a public community college system in the southeast portion of Nebraska.
SCC is committed to its mission of transforming students and the diverse communities it serves through accessible, dynamic and responsive pathways to career and technical, academic transfer, and continuing education programs, as well as lifelong learning opportunities.
What is Southeast Community College Moodle ?
Southeast Community College Moodle is an open source learning and teaching course management system used by Southeast Community College, and the college or schools to produce Internet-based courses and to supplement traditional face-to-face courses.
Southeast Community College moodle course also allows you to communicate with the students and encourage communication between them in forums and discussions.
How to Southeast Community College Moodle Course ?
Southeast Community College Moodle classes are available via the My Moodle Courses tab of The Hub. The Moodle courses may not display until the first day of the term when instructors make them available.
On the Southeast Community College Moodle login page, only use your SCC username (do NOT add @southeast.edu). Use your SCC password.
Once in a Moodle course, read the information in the center of the course home page. Clicking only the quick links to Assignments or Quizzes will cause you to miss very important course content.
SCC Moodle Login
- First Open this webpage link online.southeast.mrooms3.net.
- Enter your username or email address account in the field.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Tap your valid password in the field.
- Then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Reset Southeast Community College Moodle Password
- Go to this link resetpw.southeast.edu to access the password reset page.
- You must know your SCC ID number and the non-SCC email address associated with your account. An email will be sent to that email address, and a link will be provided to change your password.
- On campus, you will need to go to the Learning Resource Center, Registration, or Student Center to find a computer already signed in with guest access or use a smartphone.
- Enter your SCC ID Number, the Non-SCC email address that SCC has on record for you, and the displayed security code, and click Send Link.
- Check your Non-SCC email account for the link to reset your password.
If you have problems getting logged in, contact the SCC Helpdesk website at helpdesk.southeast.edu or through email at email@example.com or by phone at 402‐437‐2447.
How to Find Southeast Community College Moodle Courses ?
You will access your Southeast Community College Moodle courses from The Hub. When you log on to The Hub, you will have a your Moodle Courses tab on the left, next to the WebAdvisor Tab. If you click on your Southeast Community College Moodle Courses tab, you should see a list of your courses after the start of the quarter.
Note, most instructors will not make their Southeast Community College Moodle courses available for students to see until after 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
- Click the link for one of your Moodle courses to access it.
- If this is the very first time you have accessed Moodle via The Hub, you will need to enter your ‘credentials’, your SCC username and password in order to set up a single sign on.
- Click the link that says ‘Try entering your credentials’.
- You should then see a screen asking you to enter your Windows User Name and Windows Password.
- In this area, you need to enter your SCC username and password.
- You need to enter both exactly like you did to log on to The Hub.
- Type your password twice and then press OK.
- After doing this process one time, you should be able to access all of your Moodle courses via the Moodle Courses tab of The Hub with a single click on the course name link.
If you happen to reset/change your password at any time for The Hub, you will have to re-enter your credentials for the My Moodle Courses tab as well.
Southeast Community College Moodle Course Navigation
At the top of the Southeast Community College Moodle page is a banner with a link to your profile and a Logout link on the right. To the left is a link bar with link to the Moodle Student Help Resources website and a My Courses link.
The most important part of understanding the course is to read the material in the middle section of the course home page. The course home page is where instructors will post everything you need to read or complete for a unit or week.
All links to assignments, resources, web sites, discussion forums, and quizzes/exams will be located in this main middle section of the course home page.
Once you click on a link within the course to view an item the instructor has posted, you can use the ‘breadcrumb trail’ at the top to navigate back to the course home page. This set of links is located at the very top of the page below the Southeast Community College banner.
In addition, you will also see a My Courses link at the top of the page. This My Courses link takes you to a Course Dashboard page and includes links to every other course you are currently enrolled in.
You can click the Customize this page button on in the top-right corner of the Course Dashboard page to rearrange the order of the courses that appear on this page.
With customizing turned on, you will see ‘Move’ arrows in front of each course name. You can drag these arrows to rearrange the order of your courses on this page.
You also have navigation options along the left side of the screen. You might miss some very key details for the class. For example, there may be a number of activities that are graded other than ‘Assignments’.
If you jump to Assignments without reading anything else, you are probably missing key reading material as well as other items which might have needed to be completed prior to the actual assignment. Also, the items listed in each category under Activities are simply a list of items.
Course Center Section
Generally, reading material, assignments, etc. will be presented in the order your instructor wants you to go through the information, similar to the image to the right. You should start by clicking the link to the first item in the list provided in your course and then proceed down through the list from top to bottom as you complete each item.
This is the best way to navigate the course. Some instructors even provide boxes for checking off when an item has been viewed or completed. Use the links at the left of the page, however, if you want to return to something like an assignment or discussion forum to finish it or to view your grades later.
How to Setup Southeast Community College Moodle Profile ?
Your Profile in Moodle tells a little bit about you. You only have to set this up one time and it can be accessed from all courses.
There are two places you can access your Profile. One is by clicking either your name or picture in the top-right corner of the Moodle course page and clicking My Profile.
The other is in the Settings block which typically appears on the left side of your course home page. If you click the My profile settings link in the Settings block, a drop down list displays and you can click on Edit profile.
- Alternate name: Optional, but can be used if you go by a nickname like ‘Bob’ for Robert.
- Email address: Make sure that your email address is correct or correct it. You should set this to your SCC email address (currently your my.southeast.edu email address).
- City/town: Required, but you can enter your campus location instead of your personal town.
- Select a country: Required.
- Description: Optional. If you enter a brief description of yourself, remember that it should remain school-appropriate and should not be too personal, because any Moodle user can view your profile.
- Email display: Allow only other course members to see my email address is recommended over allowing everyone to see it.
- Email format: Pretty HTML format is recommended.
- Forum auto-subscribe: No: don’t automatically subscribe me to forums is recommended.
- Email digest type: Your preference.
- Forum tracking: ‘Yes: highlight new posts for me’ is recommended.
- Preferred language: Leave at ‘English – United States (en_us)’.
- User picture: Encouraged by many instructors, but an optional field. Remember, school-appropriate and not too personal.
- Interests and Optional information: Again, optional, but keep it school appropriate and not too personal if used.
Submit Southeast Community College Moodle Assignments
Assignments in Southeast Community College Moodle can be used to give instructions, provide a place for you to input a typed response, or provide a place for you to upload one or more files. Assignments are not the only graded items in the Moodle, so be sure to read all content presented on the course home page.
Some instructors use the Assignment tool as a place for you to upload a file. Make sure you save your file before you try to upload it to Moodle. Your instructor may allow you to submit multiple files depending on the assignment. Read the instructions carefully.
Submit Moodle Assignments
- To upload a file, you will click on the ‘Add submission’ button.
- You can then use drag-and-drop to drag the file from your computer window to the content box of the Assignment or instead of drag and drop, you can also use the Add submission button –> then Upload a file –> then Browse.
- Once you find your file, click on the ‘Upload this file’ button and then the ‘Save changes’ button.
- Your file should be uploaded and will display in the Submission status area. Confirm that your file displays.
- Some instructors will use a ‘Submit assignment’ button. If you see this button, it is important that you click this button after you have uploaded all of your files.
- This submits the assignment to your instructor for grading.
- Otherwise, it is in Draft form allowing you to edit your submission (upload a different file), and your instructor may not consider it submitted.
- If you do not see a ‘Submit assignment’ button, don’t worry. Your instructor has just chosen not to use it. In that case, simply uploading your file is the same as submitting it.
Other Moodle Assignments may be set up with a text box for you to type your answers directly into the Moodle page. In this case, the Add submission button will open up a text editor window for you to type your responses to the assignment. When you are done adding your text, click the Save changes button.
When an instructor has graded an assignment, you can click back on that assignment and look in the Feedback area. The resources below show images of the assignment submission steps and also a video demonstrating the process.
Contact Support or Email on Southeast Community College
Its Campus is given differently, which you can see and contact. If you would like to contact Southeast Community College, follow the guidelines below.
402-471-3333 or 800-642-4075
8800 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68520-1299
402-228-3468 or 800-233-5027
4771 West Scott Road
Beatrice, NE 68310-7042
402-761-2131 or 800-933-7223
600 State Street
Milford, NE 68405-8498
Southeast Community College Services
Southeast Community College desire to provide student support services that maximize your success and development through responsive customer service in a caring, positive environment.
- Advising and Support
- Testing Centers
- Tutoring & Transitions Center
- Career Services
- Student Code of Conduct
- Military & Veterans Services
- Request a Transcript
- Financial Assistance
- Business Development
- Leadership & Professional Dev
- Trades & Industry
- Computers & Technology
- Personal Interest
- Traffic Safety & Licensing
- Adult Education
- Accommodations Resource
- Safety, Security & Health
- Customized Training
- Beatrice Continuing Education
- Drug, Alcohol & Controlled Substance Policy
Southeast Community College Moodle FAQ
How do I get back to the moodle course home page?
Use the breadcrumb trail at the top left of the page and click on the name of your course.
How do I use the communication tools in Moodle?
There are a number of communication tools in Moodle Messages, Forums, Quickmail, etc. Please see the Moodle tutorials for help with a specific tool.
How do I check my grades?
To check your grades, click on Grades link in the Profile menu in the top-right corner of the Moodle page.
Read Also: Southeastern Louisiana University Moodle Login
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……