Are you student or staff of the Louisiana Tech University and are you looking for the information about La Tech moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle La Tech, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
What is La Tech ?
La Tech (Louisiana Tech University) is a public research university in Ruston, Louisiana.
Louisiana Tech conducts research with ongoing projects funded by agencies such as National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, the Department of Defense and the Federal Aviation Administration.
La Tech to the National Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft Systems. The university is known for its engineering and science programs.
What is La Tech Moodle ?
La Tech Moodle is the Web-based learning management system used at Louisiana Tech University to enhance class communication, organization and presentation by providing customizable website templates for courses offered.
It is designed to provide tools for building online resources to support face-to-face classes or to facilitate classes offered completely online.
Faculty can use La Tech Moodle with minimal formal instruction or technical skills. Faculty are required to post an electronic version of their syllabus on Louisiana Tech University Moodle.
Louisiana Tech University Moodle Login
To login to La Tech Moodle you will need Louisiana Tech University username and password, so you can login to La Tech Moodle by following these steps:
- First Open this webpage link moodle.latech.edu.
- Enter your Username and Password in the field.
- Then click on the ‘Login‘ button.
Usernames and passwords for Moodle, E-mail, GSuite and other network services are the same. If you know your E-mail password, then you know your Moodle password and vice-versa. Your username is the first part of your e-mail address without the @latech.edu.
For security reasons, please log out and exit your web browser when you are done accessing services that require authentication.
Forgot or Reset Louisiana Tech University – Moodle LMS Password
If you want to change or reset the password when you forget your password after logging in to La Tech Moodle, you can. For which you have to follow the steps given below.
- First Open this Forgot Password Link.
- If you want to reset the password of La Tech Moodle by Username then you have to enter the Username used while logging in to Louisiana Tech University Moodle in its ‘Search by username’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
- If you want to reset the password of La Tech Moodle by Email address then you have to enter the Email used while logging in to Louisiana Tech University Moodle in its ‘Search by email address’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address, If Louisiana Tech University find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address.
How to La Tech Moodle used at Louisiana Tech University ?
Louisiana Tech University Moodle also a verb that describes the process of lazily meandering through something, doing things as it occurs to you to do them, an enjoyable tinkering that often leads to insight and creativity.
As such it applies both to the way La Tech Moodle was developed, and to the way a student or teacher might approach studying or teaching an online course.
Beyond that, the degree to which the system is used in a course is determined by the instructor.
Moodle course sites enable faculty to:
- Upload and share materials such as a course syllabus, lecture notes, reading assignments, and articles for the students to access whenever they want.
- Forums and Chats to encourage discussion and exploration of course topics, projects, and more.
- Quizzes and Exams.
- Gathering and Reviewing Assignments.
- Recording Grades, which would allow students to stay up to date about their performance in the course, and would allow faculty to easily manage grades in their courses
The Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) administers Moodle at Louisiana Tech, with technical support from the Computing Center.
How to Setup Tech UID on Louisiana Tech University ?
- Computing systems at Louisiana Tech require you to login using your Tech User ID and a password.
- Before using your Tech User ID to login, you need to set a password.
- If you have already done this, you can skip to the next step.
- You can reset your password by visiting password.latech.edu, you will need your username, BOSS PIN, and date of birth.
- Your username and PIN should be provided during human resources on boarding.
- Access to La Tech Moodle cannot be provided until your appointment has processed.
- If you have not received your username or BOSS PIN, you should check with human resources.
Customize La Tech or Louisiana Tech University Moodle
After logging in, you will be directed to the ‘My courses’ menu. You will find all of your available courses shown as tiles. Click on a tile to open the corresponding course.
A customizable page where you can track available courses, grades, and other activity. The dashboard replicates much of the functionality of the My Courses menu in an alternate view.
Displays available preference settings. Commonly used preferences for students are forum, message, and notification preferences.
Provides a list of links to gradebooks for courses in which you are enrolled.
Link to your Moodle profile page. Like a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram page, Moodle uses the profile to allow you to tell others more about yourself and to display awarded badges. You can upload a photo or tell instructors and classmates about yourself. It is recommended you update your profile after logging in for the first time.
Courses available to you are shown as tiles in the My Courses menu. Click the tile to open the course. Depending on course settings, tiles can display information such as a progress indicator, overall grade, and instructor profile photos. Completed courses are displayed under dated tabs at the top of the page.
Data dashboard that can show you information on course progress and grades, as well as analytic information on assignment and activity completion.
Course Table of Contents
Lists all the sections in a course. Can be arranged by topic or by week, depending on instructor’s preference. Click the section name to navigate to that section. You can also search the course by clicking the magnifying glass.
Log out of Moodle completely. Strongly recommended on public computers.
Staff or Student Training in La Tech Moodle
The Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) offers faculty training for Moodle use.
Online training courses are available and can be accessed at training.latech.edu.
Add a Turnitin Assignment on Louisiana Tech University Moodle
- Turnitin assignments can be easily set up in Moodle.
- To set up a Turnitin assignment, go to your course page and click on ‘Create learning activity’.
- Next, select ‘Turnitin Assignment 2’ from the ‘Activities’ menu.
- Fill in the necessary information and click ‘Save and return to course’.
- To upload a file, students will click on the assignment name in Moodle.
- Then, they will click on the ‘Submit Paper’ tab and submit their assignment.
Taking Attendance in La Tech Moodle
- La Tech Moodle includes an attendance feature that allows instructors to easily track attendance in their courses.
- The attendance feature can be graded or non-graded and will automatically generate a gradebook column in the gradebook.
- To set up this feature, click on ‘Create learning activity’ on your course page and select ‘Attendance’.
- Select the ‘Add’ tab at the top to add attendance dates.
- If you want to add multiple attendance dates at the top, make sure to select Create multiple sessions and set the dates and frequency of the course.
- You can add your own set of statuses (Present, Late, Excused) by going to the Settings tab and selecting New set of statuses.
- Make sure to select the correct status set when adding/editing your attendance sessions.
Contact Support or Email on Louisiana Tech University
The Help Desk is located in Wyly Tower, room 155 (basement entrance through the front stairwell).
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm
Contact the Help Desk by:
The staff of the Graduate School are always happy to assist with inquiries regarding the admissions process and University policies governing the Graduate School. Contacting the Graduate School can be accomplished easily.
US Postal Delivery
P. O. Box 7923
Ruston, LA 71272
Wyly Tower Room 1203,
1310 W. Railroad Avenue #7923
Ruston, LA 71272
Problems with the online application for Graduate School should be reported to the Graduate School at email@example.com. Provide a detailed explanation of the issue(s) you are experiencing so they can work on resolving the problems.
Louisiana Tech University Services
These services are designed to enhance students’ formal classroom experience and to broaden their cultural, ethical, intellectual, physical, psychological, social, and vocational growth.
- Alphabetical listing
- Off-Campus Packet
- Student Support
- Medical Disclosure
- Disability Service
- Smart HABITS Academy
- Relationship concerns
- Financial Aid
- Health Services
- Ethics Training
- Medication Management
- Alcohol and Other Drug Education
The Technical Services Department provides technical support to all areas of the University. This includes, but is not limited to, desktop PCs, laptops, net books, tablets, printers, networks both wired and wireless, software (MS Windows OS, MS Office, Apple OS), building access systems, and smart classrooms.
The Technical Services Department provides support for the University access control system and video surveillance systems.
La Tech Moodle FAQ
How do I get to Moodle?
The website address is http://moodle.latech.edu.
Curving La Tech Moodle Generated Grades
It is easy to curve a quiz, assignment, etc. that is automatically graded by Moodle. This can be set up in the gradebook, enabling Moodle to automatically add the selected number of points to each student’s score. To access this feature, select Gradebook setup under the drop down menu at the top or under Setup to the left in your Grades. Under Actions, select Edit Settings and then + Show More under Grade item. Here, you should see a box where you can enter the offset value. Make sure to save changes.
How to Accessing the Gradebook?
- To access your Gradebook in Moodle, log in and enter your course.
- Once you are in your course, click on Gradebook in the Course Dashboard.
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……