Are you student or staff of the Thompson Rivers University and are you looking for the information about TRU moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle TRU, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
Table of Contents
Thompson Rivers University Moodle Login
If you want to login tru moodle you will need the username and password of the Thompson Rivers University so get it from the university or college first and then you login to moodle.
- First open this webpage link moodle.tru.ca.
- Enter your username and password in the field.
- Tick on ‘Remember username’ option.
- Click on the ‘Login‘ button.
Is this your first time here?
Student Login Information
- Please login using your TRU ID (T followed by 8 digits) and your TRU network/email password. If you have not set up your TRU network/email password please do so at myID.tru.ca.
- If you have a TRU ID but have not registered for a TRU course for two years then you will have to reset your password at myID.tru.ca.
Faculty/Staff Login Information
- Please login using your TRU Network username and password. This is the same username and password used to sign into your campus workstation, TRU email and wireless networks.
- If you are unable to login using your TRU Network username and password, your password may be expired. You can reset your password at myID.tru.ca.
Reset Moodle Thompson Rivers University Password
If you want to change or reset the password when you forget your password after logging in to moodle portal, you can. For which you have to follow the steps given below.
- First open this Forgot Password Link.
- If you want to reset the password of moodle by Username then you have to enter the Username used while logging in to Moodle in its ‘Search by username’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
- If you want to reset the password of Moodle by Email address then you have to enter the Email used while logging in to Moodle in its ‘Search by email address’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address, If Thompson Rivers University find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address.
Other way create forgot password
- Go to myid.tru.ca and click on ‘Reset Password’.
- On the next screen, enter your User Name.
- For the second field, ensure ‘MYTRU’ is selected if you are a student, employees should select TRU.
- Select your personal email address where you want to receive the verification code.
- Then click continue.
- You have 5 minutes to complete the verification process.
- Check your email inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the provided verification code in the ‘Enter Verification Code’ page in the Self-Service Password Portal.
- Enter a new password ensuring you follow the secure password policy requirements.
- Confirm your new password, then click Reset Password.
- You will see a message if your password has been reset successfully.
Thompson Rivers University Moodle Dashboard
Everyone in Moodle has their own personal and customizable home page called the dashboard. The dashboard provides an overview of the courses you are enrolled in, and when you click on one of these courses it will take you directly into that class.
If you go into a class there are a few ways to get back to the Moodle Dashboard the Moodle icon, the TRU crest, the Navigation drawer, in a course breadcrumb trail and in the user menu at the top right of the page next to your name.
Customize Moodle Dashboard
- Click the yellow Customize this page button in the top right of the page.
- Open the navigation Drawer if you have not already.
- An option will appear at the bottom of the navigation drawer to add blocks.
- You are also be able to move blocks around on your dashboard.
- To move blocks around hover your mouse cursor over the crosshair icon until your mouse cursor displays as the crosshair icon.
- Then click an drag the block to where you want it to display.
Course Dashboard Block
The Course overview block is displayed on your dashboard and it displays three dropdowns:
- To sort by all, current, future, in progress, starred or hidden courses.
- To display courses by last accessed or by title.
- And to display course by cards, summary or list view.
Take the time to play around with the filters on the left and right side of the course overview block. They recommend doing this until you are happy with the way you access and view your courses.
- My Home: Displays all courses you are enrolled in.
- My Profile: Access to your Moodle profile.
- Current Course: Shows each section of the current course and any activities/resources in that section.
- My Courses: Displays all courses you are enrolled in.
Submit assignments on Thompson Rivers University Moodle
The following icon indicates an assignment in the moodle course:
- Click the moodle assignment title beside the icon to access the Assignment Submission tool.
- Next click ‘Add Submission’ option..
- Drag and drop your files into the file submission area.
- The file submission area will accept any type of file, docx, pdf, xlsx but the size of files and the number of files you may upload is controlled by your Open Learning Faculty Member.
- After you drag and drop your final into the submission area select ‘Save changes’ in the area.
- Once the new page has loaded you will then want to select Moodle Submit assignment.
- You may then receive a prompt asking if this assignment is your own work.
- If so, click the checkbox and select Continue to complete the submission process.
- You must select the ‘Continue’ button after uploading your document and confirming it is your own work in order to fully submit your assignment.
- If you do not complete this process your assignment will only be saved as a draft and will not be marked.
Contact Support on Thompson Rivers University
If you’re a Canadian or permanent resident looking to study on campus, the team in the Future Students Office is here to help you along your journey to becoming a TRU student contact support.
Thompson Rivers University,
805 TRU Way,
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Other contact way
|Admissions||250-828-5036 / email@example.com|
|Facilities & Parking||250-828-5388|
|IT Service Desk||1-888-852-8533|
|Student Awards & Financial Aid||250-828-5024|
Moodle TRU FAQ
Q. Who is my Open Learning Faculty Member?
A. After you register, you receive a welcome message, telling you who your Open Learning Faculty Member (instructor) is and how to contact that person.
Q. Who do I contact for technical assistance with my course?
A. IT Service Desk.
Q. When can I expect my course and materials?
A. These usually arrive in 5-10 business days, excluding statutory holidays, after registration.
Q. When do I get my final grade?
A. Your course grade is calculated after all assessments, including the final exam, have been graded, Contact your Open Learning Faculty Member if you decide not to submit an assignment.
Read Also: Columbia College Moodle Login Canada
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……