Are you student or staff of the Thompson Rivers University and are you looking for the information about TRU moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle TRU, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
What is TRU ?
TRU (Thompson Rivers University) is a public teaching and research university offering undergraduate and graduate degrees and vocational training, and they offers over 140 on-campus programs and 60-plus Open Learning programs.
The university has a satellite campus in Williams Lake, BC and a distance education division called TRU-Open Learning. It also has several international partnerships through its TRU World division.
What is TRU Moodle ?
TRU Moodle is open learning and teaching management system (LMS) course that is used to conduct online courses, as well as support face-to-face teaching.
TRU Moodle is open source and is built by the Moodle course project, which is led and coordinated by Moodle HQ. Moodle is designed to be a user-friendly platform that allows you to create and deliver personalized learning environments for your students.
Thompson Rivers University Moodle is web-based software allows you to view course material, submit assignments, interact with other students, and communicate with Open Learning Faculty Members.
Thompson Rivers University Moodle Login
To login to TRU Moodle you will need to get Thompson Rivers University username and password from Thompson Rivers University and you will be able to login to TRU Moodle using the following steps.
- First open this webpage link moodle.tru.ca.
- Enter your username and password in the field.
- Tick on ‘Remember username’ option.
- Click on the ‘Login‘ button.
Is this your first time here?
Student Login Information
- Please login using your TRU ID (T followed by 8 digits) and your TRU network/email password. If you have not set up your TRU network/email password please do so at myID.tru.ca.
- If you have a TRU ID but have not registered for a TRU course for two years then you will have to reset your password at myID.tru.ca.
Faculty/Staff Login Information
- Please login using your TRU Network username and password. This is the same username and password used to sign into your campus workstation, TRU email and wireless networks.
- If you are unable to login using your TRU Network username and password, your password may be expired. You can reset your password at myID.tru.ca.
Forgot or Reset Thompson Rivers University Moodle Password
If you want to change or reset the password when you forget your password after logging in to TRU Moodle Portal, you can. For which you have to follow the steps given below.
- First open this Forgot Password Link.
- If you want to reset the password of TRU Moodle by Username then you have to enter the Username used while logging in to Thompson Rivers University Moodle in its ‘Search by username’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
- If you want to reset the password of TRU Moodle by Email address then you have to enter the Email used while logging in to Thompson Rivers University Moodle in its ‘Search by email address’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address, If Thompson Rivers University find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address.
Other way create forgot password
- Go to myid.tru.ca and click on ‘Reset Password’.
- On the next screen, enter your User Name.
- For the second field, ensure ‘MYTRU’ is selected if you are a student, employees should select TRU.
- Select your personal email address where you want to receive the verification code.
- Then click continue.
- You have 5 minutes to complete the verification process.
- Check your email inbox for an email from email@example.com.
- Enter the provided verification code in the ‘Enter Verification Code’ page in the Self-Service Password Portal.
- Enter a new password ensuring you follow the secure password policy requirements.
- Confirm your new password, then click Reset Password.
- You will see a message if your password has been reset successfully.
Thompson Rivers University Moodle Dashboard
Everyone in TRU Moodle has their own personal and customizable home page called the dashboard. The dashboard provides an overview of the courses you are enrolled in, and when you click on one of these courses it will take you directly into that class.
If you go into a class there are a few ways to get back to the TRU Moodle Dashboard the Thompson Rivers University Moodle icon, the TRU crest, the Navigation drawer, in a course breadcrumb trail and in the user menu at the top right of the page next to your name.
Customize TRU Moodle Dashboard
- Click the yellow Customize this page button in the top right of the page.
- Open the navigation Drawer if you have not already.
- An option will appear at the bottom of the navigation drawer to add blocks.
- You are also be able to move blocks around on your dashboard.
- To move blocks around hover your mouse cursor over the crosshair icon until your mouse cursor displays as the crosshair icon.
- Then click an drag the block to where you want it to display.
Course Dashboard Block
The Course overview block is displayed on your dashboard and it displays three dropdowns:
- To sort by all, current, future, in progress, starred or hidden courses.
- To display courses by last accessed or by title.
- And to display course by cards, summary or list view.
Take the time to play around with the filters on the left and right side of the course overview block. They recommend doing this until you are happy with the way you access and view your courses.
- My Home: Displays all courses you are enrolled in.
- My Profile: Access to your TRU Moodle profile.
- Current Course: Shows each section of the current course and any activities/resources in that section.
- My Courses: Displays all courses you are enrolled in.
How to an add assignments on TRU Moodle ?
The following icon indicates an assignment in the Thompson Rivers University moodle course:
- Click the TRU moodle assignment title beside the icon to access the Assignment Submission tool.
- Next click ‘Add Submission’ option..
- Drag and drop your files into the file submission area.
- The file submission area will accept any type of file, docx, pdf, xlsx but the size of files and the number of files you may upload is controlled by your Open Learning Faculty Member.
- After you drag and drop your final into the submission area select ‘Save changes’ in the area.
- Once the new page has loaded you will then want to select Thompson Rivers University Moodle Submit assignment.
- You may then receive a prompt asking if this assignment is your own work.
- If so, click the checkbox and select Continue to complete the submission process.
- You must select the ‘Continue’ button after uploading your document and confirming it is your own work in order to fully submit your assignment.
- If you do not complete this process your assignment will only be saved as a draft and will not be marked.
What is the TRU Moodle Course used for ?
The main power of TRU Moodle comes when you combine resources and activities into sequences and groups, in order to help guide students through your courses to create learning paths.
Instance of TRU Moodle has over 30 learning activities and resource types that will empower you to create an online space that is information rich for your students, and helps you with classroom management tasks.
A typical progression faculty generally go through as they learn Moodle is:
- Putting up resources – Course Outline, Power Points, handouts and articles.
- Posting announcements.
- Using Assignments and Quizzes.
- Facilitating online graded discussions using Forums.
- Using Groups to manage group assignments and online discussions.
- Using the gradebook.
- Creating interactive activities using H5P for formative feedback.
TRU creates course shells and enrols students for all courses being offered each semester. If by chance you do not see any courses please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your course information.
How to Unenrol from a TRU Moodle Course ?
- Log into Moodle and go to the course you want to remove yourself from.
- On the top right hand corner of your moodle page, there should be a little blue gear.
- Click the blue gear and select Unenrol me from ‘CLASS NAME’.
Tried to unenrol, but there is no blue gear
- For on campus courses, if there is no blue gear, contact your Course Instructor.
- You must contact them to have yourself removed.
- For open learning courses. You will be unable to remove the course.
- Students can only be removed from a course after one (1) year ollowing their course completion date, as per TRU’s Record Retention/Destruction policy.
- Open Learning Faculty do not have access to remove students from the course.
Contact Support or Email on Thompson Rivers University
If you’re a Canadian or permanent resident looking to study on campus, the team in the Future Students Office is here to help you along your journey to becoming a TRU student contact support.
Thompson Rivers University,
805 TRU Way,
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Other contact way
|Admissions||250-828-5036 / email@example.com|
|Facilities & Parking||250-828-5388|
|IT Service Desk||1-888-852-8533|
|Student Awards & Financial Aid||250-828-5024|
Thompson Rivers University Services
TRU offers 140 on-campus programs and approximately 60 online or distance programs through the Open Learning division, including trades apprenticeships, vocational certificates and diplomas, bachelor’s and master’s degrees and law.
- Campus program advising
- Open learning program
- Event planning
- Room bookings
- Audit & articulation
- Enrolment services
- Financial aid
- Entrance scholarships
TRU Moodle FAQ
Who is my Open Learning Faculty Member?
After you register, you receive a welcome message, telling you who your Open Learning Faculty Member (instructor) is and how to contact that person.
Who do I contact for technical assistance with my course?
When can I expect my course and materials?
These usually arrive in 5-10 business days, excluding statutory holidays, after registration.
When do I get my final grade?
Your course grade is calculated after all assessments, including the final exam, have been graded, Contact your Open Learning Faculty Member if you decide not to submit an assignment.
Read Also: Columbia College Moodle Login
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……