Are you student or staff of the South Thames Colleges Group and are you looking for the information about STCG moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle STCG, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
What is STCG ?
STCG (South Thames Colleges Group) is a large further education institution operating four colleges in south-west London South Thames College, Kingston College, Merton College, and Carshalton College.
It was formed in 2017 following the merger between South Thames College and Merton College with Kingston College and Carshalton College. South Thames College was founded in 1895.
What is STCG Moodle ?
STCG Moodle is Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Course. South Thames Colleges Group Staff will put work here for you to complete and you will submit assignments here too.
The section in Moodle called College Systems User Guides provides information on using these systems. Login with email@example.com and your college password.
STCG accounts are created as soon as you are enrolled on a course. You can then access all the systems you need. All of your systems are available from home.
STCG Moodle Login
To login to STCG Moodle you will need the username and password of South Thames Colleges Group, so get it first and you can login to STCG Moodle by following the steps given below:
- First Open this webpage link moodle.stcg.ac.uk.
- And click on the ‘Login’ button that appears in the site.
- Then enter your Username and Password in the field.
- Last click on the ‘login’ button.
Forgot or Reset STCG Moodle Password
If you want to change or reset the password when you forget your password after logging in to STCG Moodle, you can. For which you have to follow the steps given below.
- First Open this Forgot Password Link.
- If you want to reset the password of STCG Moodle by Username then you have to enter the Username used while logging in to South Thames Colleges Group Moodle in its ‘Search by username’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
- If you want to reset the password of STCG Moodle by Email address then you have to enter the Email used while logging in to South Thames Colleges Group Moodle in its ‘Search by email address’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address, If South Thames Colleges Group find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address.
Office 365 – South Thames Colleges Group Moodle
STCG Moodle is the Virtual Learning and Teaching Environment (VLE) Course. STCG Staff will put work here for you to complete and you will submit assignments here too and you can login with studentNo@student.stcg.ac.uk and your college password.
Office.com is the home page for Office 365. You can get access to:
- OneDrive (document storage)
- Microsoft Teams (if your class is using Teams)
- Tasks and Planner apps
- Virtual Whiteboard
- The install button to get Office 365 at home free of charge
Proportal is the student tracking app. You will use Proportal to complete SMART targets and other activities.
Login in with your student number and your college password.
STCG Connect has two functions
- Access to files and folders stored on College computers
- Password changes
If you are storing your documents in OneDrive, you will not need to use STCG Connect for accessing files and folders but you can still use it for password changes.
- This is slightly different from other logins. kcnet is the domain name and you must use a backslash (\). A forward slash (/) will not work.
- Use your college password.
How to Using the New STCG Moodle Mobile App ?
- Search for Open LMS in the app store or Google Play.
- Click on the app when it shows in the results.
- Install the app, and open it when it’s ready.
- Type in the STCG Moodle URL moodle.stcg.ac.uk, then click Connect to your site.
- Log in using the same username and password you use for Moodle (this works for staff too).
- If you have forgotten your password and you don’t use the button at the bottom of the app.
- Instead, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you have logged in, you will see some useful links in the middle of the STCG Moodle home page.
- Click Dashboard to find your courses.
- Click on the courses to view their contents.
- Scroll down on the Dashboard page to find your Timeline, this tells you when your next deadline is.
- These shortcuts at the bottom will help you move around the app more easily.
How to be a Distance Learner at STCG ?
Distance learning and teaching brings new challenges, from coping with unstructured time to understanding new technologies and ways of working.
They designed to help and support you with your learning. Use the ‘Distance Learning’ side menu to take a look at the contents.
If you are a current STCG student, you can get help from your LRC team at email@example.com. Plus, you can access your ‘Introduction to E-safety’ course and ‘Wellbeing Hub’ on Moodle.
STCG Moodle App and Open LMS App Support
The new Open LMS Mobile App (AKA the ‘Moodle App’) has been successfully released. It is strongly recommended that all who are using the old Open LMS mobile app move to the new app.
Support for the old Open LMS mobile app will end on the 28th of April. Your existing mobile app for STCG Moodle may not work properly after this date.
Your current Open LMS (Moodle) app might now be labelled as ‘old Open LMS’ app.
Download links to the new app on the Android and IOS app stores can be found here.
When you first open the new mobile app, you will be asked to connect to the site – type in moodle.stcg.ac.uk.
Contact Support or Email on South Thames Colleges Group
South Thames College
020 8918 7777
Wandsworth High St,
London SW18 2PP,
For Learner support
South Thames Colleges Group Services
STCG is one of London’s largest providers of post-16 education and training and is an ongoing and significant contributor to its local communities.
- Education and further education
- Part Time/Access
- Foundation Degree (FdA)
- Staff & Ebs
- Kingston Education High School
- Lansbridge University
- Student Portal
- STCG VLE
- Computing and Mathematics
- English as a Foreign Language
- Extended Degree
- Nanjing Grand Canadian Academy
STCG Moodle FAQ
What is the deadline for applications?
There is no actual deadline for applications. They continue to process applications during enrolment. However, to secure a place before the summer holidays would suggest you make an application no later than 1st June.
How do I apply for a course
- Please search for your chosen course on the website.
- For most courses, there will be an apply or enrol button located on the individual course leaflet page.
- For other courses, there will be an email address for you to register your interest.
Can I get a student loan to cover tuition fees?
You are able to get a loan to cover tuition costs for all of undergraduate courses.
Read Also: How to login STPSB Moodle
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……