Are you student or staff of the Mount Saint Vincent University and are you looking for the information about MSVU moodle login, so here we share all the useful information about Moodle MSVU, how to login moodle, reset moodle password, How to access a Moodle course and more information.
What is MSVU ?
MSVU (Mount Saint Vincent University) is strongly committed to fostering equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. It is an institution that was established by women for the advancement of women with social responsibility and social justice at its core.
Mount Saint Vincent University, often referred to as the Mount, is a public, primarily undergraduate, university located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, and was established in 1873.
What is MSVU Moodle ?
MSVU Moodle is the Mount Saint Vincent University’s Learning and Teaching Management Course System and is used is most course deliveries, including face-to-face, online, blended and multi-access.
Mount’s Moodle allows faculty to create and manage course content, host online discussions, administer quizzes and meet in real time with students.
Mount Saint Vincent University Moodle provides a place where students can access course content, submit assignments, complete activities, and communicate with their peers and their instructor.
Mount Saint Vincent University Moodle Login
Current students and faculty can view Moodle course sites and join online synchronous classes in Collaborate by logging into MSVU Moodle.
To do MSVU Moodle Login you will need the username and password of Mount Saint Vincent University so get it and you can do MSVU Moodle Login through the steps given below.
- Step 1
First open this webpage link learn.msvu.ca.
- Step 2
After opening the site, you will see ‘Click the button of ‘You are not logged in (Log in)’.
- Step 3
Then enter your username or email and password in the field.
- Step 4
Tick on the ‘Remember username’ option.
- Step 5
Last click on the ‘Log in‘ button.
Is this your first time here?
Start of a New Term – 2022 Summer Session II on July 4, 2022.
Faculty, if you are assigned to teach in the upcoming summer session, please visit the Online Learning Intranet site to review important information shared by email on June 22, 2022.
Students, if you are registered for a course in the upcoming summer session, please visit Online Learning’s Support for Students to review important information shared by email on June 24, 2022.
Forgot or Reset MSVU Moodle Password
If you want to change or reset the password when you forget your password after logging in to MSVU Moodle, you can. For which you have to follow the steps given below.
- First open this Forgot Password Link.
- If you want to reset the password of MSVU Moodle by Username then you have to enter the Username used while logging in to Moodle Mount Saint Vincent University in its ‘Search by username’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
- If you want to reset the password of MSVU Moodle by Email address then you have to enter the Email used while logging in to Moodle Mount Saint Vincent University in its ‘Search by email address’ field.
- Then click on the ‘Search’ option.
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address, If Mount Saint Vincent University find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address.
Self-Service Password Reset Tool
Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) within Office 365 enables users to securely reset their University account password without contacting the IT&S Help Desk.
NOTE: If you have forgotten your password, are unable to change it, or have difficulties with the password change tool, please contact the IT&S Help Desk.
What is MSVU Moodle used for ?
Mount Saint Vincent University offer faculty support for teaching and course development through consultation, workshops, teaching and learning events, and resources.
They support the development and delivery of all course delivery modes, including on-campus, blended, multi-access, and online.
Moodle support include:
- Preparing course outlines and assessment structures.
- Creating learning activities and assignments.
- Designing inclusive learning environments.
- Planning flexible learning for exceptional circumstances.
- Creating accessible content.
- Selecting appropriate educational technology.
- Exploring class management strategies.
- Preparing teaching dossiers for career advancement.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Upgrade Moodle version on Mount Saint Vincent University
MSVU Moodle is the Mount’s Learning Management System and provides a place where students can access course content, submit assignments, complete activities, and communicate with their peers and their instructor. It’s used to enhance both face-to-face and online courses.
All about Moodle 3.11
MSVU Moodle was upgraded to version 3.11 on May 4, 2022.
Students are encouraged to visit what’s New for Students in Moodle MSVU 3.11 to learn about new features such as how activity dates and completion criteria are displayed on the course site page, controlling how fast audio and video files play back.
Online Learning is here to help faculty and students learn more about the Mount’s customized version of Moodle 3.11. Please email email@example.com to inquire about the new features that are available to enhance course delivery in Mount’s Moodle.
All about Moodle 3.9
Moodle was upgraded to version 3.9 on May 10, 2021.
Including user-friendly scrolling. Now when they go to the bottom of a MSVU Moodle course site, sometimes a long way down, you can simply click the ‘go to top’ button to quickly navigate back to the top of the course page.
Mount Saint Vincent University Moodle and Collaborate
MSVU Moodle is the Mount’s Learning Management System (LMS) which serves as the primary ‘site; for distance courses. Mount’s Moodle is available to all Mount faculty for posting course content and keeping in touch with their students.
Blackboard Collaborate facilitates real-time communication and recording of online classes, seminars, and presentations. Mount’s Collaborate is also handy for online office hours, engaging guest speakers in classes, holding meetings with colleagues in various locations, and more.
Your experience using MSVU Moodle and Collaborate can vary depending on the device you are using, how you are connecting and the type of content you are accessing. This pamphlet provides a quick overview to get you started, however, more detailed information can be found on the resource sites at msvu.ca/moodle.
Moodle and Collaborate File Size
The size of your files can determine whether they can be uploaded and whether they will be easily accessed by students using mobile devices. They suggest you stay within the recommended parameters.
Files for Moodle
- Please limit uploading resource files to under 5MB/upload.
- Tip: Convert PowerPoint files to PDF format convert using the minimum size optimization option.
Files for Collaborate
- When uploading a presentation to the whiteboard area, the recommended maximum file size of a PowerPoint is 20MB.
- Tip: Split the PowerPoint file into two or more files if the presentation contains more than 40 slides.
- General Tip: To minimize the file size of a PowerPoint, change images to GIF or JPEG format.
MSVU Moodle App Download
The Mount App is the mobile app for Mount faculty and students. It’s free and available for Apple and Android devices. Features include:
- Course Registration: Register for courses and change registrations.
- Course Schedule: Have your class schedule in the palm of your hand.
- Grades: Check your grades on the go.
- Important numbers and links: Easily find all the numbers and websites you need, including quick access to myMount and Moodle.
- Campus Map: Quickly find all the buildings on campus and what’s in each location.
- News and Events: Always know what’s happening around campus.
- Socially Connected: Quick access to the Mounts social media outlets all in one spot
Download and Install
- To download the app, go to your device’s app store and search for:
– Google Play Store (for Android devices)
– App Store (for Apple devices)
- After installing the app on your device, tap the icon to open the app.
- Search for MSVU or scroll through the list of schools and select.
- Mount Saint Vincent University.
- Tap the menu icon to access all of the app’s features.
- You are not required to Sign In to access many of the features.
- To view your Course Schedule and Grades you will be asked to Sign In.
- Your username is typically the first letter of your First Name and your full Last Name.
- Click on Sign in button.
Contact Support or Email on MSVU
If you want to contact Mount Saint Vincent University you can contact by this IT service number 902-457-6538 or email send to firstname.lastname@example.org, and for more information see below address and more contact.
Faculty of Education,
Seton Academic Centre Room 449,
166 Bedford Hwy,
Halifax, Nova Scotia,
B3M 2J6 CANADA,
Registrar’s Office & Service Counter
Room 204 & 207
Monday to Friday
September 1 to May 31 – 8:30am – 4:30pm
June 1 to August 31 – 8:30am – 4:00pm
Other way contact
|In case of emergencies||902-457-6111 or 902-457-6412|
|Class Cancellation Line||902-457-6566|
|Student Financial Services||902-457-6277|
|Recruitment Office||1-866-227-6788 or 902-457-5540|
|Reservations||(902) 457-6777 or 1-866-405-1805|
Mount Saint Vincent University Services
Mount Saint Vincent offers undergraduate programs in Arts, Science, Economics, Library Science, Nursing and Education, and Professional Studies. They also offer the following services.
- Counselling Services
- Online Learning
- Child Care
- Academic Service
- Technology Services
- Print Shop
- Residence Life at the Mount
- International Services
- Financial Aid
- Art Gallery
- IT Services
- Conference Services
- Career Services
- Campus Services
- Health & Wellness Services
MSVU Moodle FAQ
How do I access MSVU Moodle?
Go to webpage link learn.msvu.ca. Enter your username or email and password in the field, or tick on the ‘Remember username’ option. Click on the ‘Log in’ button. And you can access MSVU Moodle.
What is Mount’s Moodle? Do I need it? How do I get it?
Mount’s Moodle is the open source, online, course management software used at the Mount’s. The Department of Distance Learning provides technical assistance and sets up Moodle sites for individual courses at the request of a faculty member.
It is not required that you use a Moodle MSVU for an on-campus course, but many students find it very useful and often ask the instructor to set up a MSVU Moodle site for the class.
How do I order textbooks for my course?
All course textbooks and printed course packs can be ordered through the bookstore. Orders can be placed in person or Online Orders.
Read Also: Western Community College Moodle Login
Got some questions? Or some suggestions? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……